Senior Consultant Intensivist and Anaesthesiologist
MBBS, M.D (Anaesthesia), FRCA (U.K), EDIC, CCT (Oxford)
- Lead intensivist in charge of Liver Transplant ICU, Renal Transplant ICU, Medical ICUs and COVID ICUs at VPS Lakeshore Hospital since 13 years.
- 30 years of experience in anaesthesia and Intensive care.
- Worked in UK for 9 years and completed advanced training in Intensive care medicine certified by the Intercollegiate Board for Training in ICM (IBTICM), U.K, passed the EDIC exam and obtained the FRCA and CCT in Anaesthesia
- Did MBBS and MD Anaesthesia from Goa Medical College, Goa.
- General Secretary ISCCM Kochi City Branch.
- Teacher for ISCCM critical care courses and was teacher for DNB Anaesthesia.
- Speaker at Multiple national and international conferences and has several publications including 5 book chapters.
- Worked in the U.K for 9 years where she did her FRCA in Anaesthesia and completed advanced training in Intensive care medicine certified by the Intercollegiate Board for Training in ICM (IBTICM)
- Worked in Oman where she was given the best doctor award for exemplary services in 1998
- Guide for DNB Anaesthesia students and a teacher for Critical Care students doing IDCCM and the post MBBS Course
- Involved in providing anaesthesia for paediatrics, obstetrics and all other specialties including multi-organ transplant and organ donor management and retrieval
- Executive committee member of ISCCM from the year 2013
- Involved in organizing CMEs and workshops in Critical Care
- Areas of interest are hemodynamic monitoring, postsurgical patients, perioperative care of transplant recipients, sepsis, trauma and difficult airway management
- Member of the Infection Control Committee, Trauma Care Services and the Transplant program at VPS Lakeshore and also manages resuscitation services in the Accident and Emergency Department
- Has several publications in international journals
- A life member of the Indian Medical Association, Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, European Society of Critical Care Medicine, Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists, Royal College of Anaesthetists and is registered with the General Medical Council, UK