MS, DNB, PDCC, MNAMS, FRCS
Dr. Rajasekhar Perumalla, an active clinician, performs liver, kidney and pancreas transplants. He has been an invited organizer and participant in several national consensus conferences addressing issues critical to the Organ transplantation.
He began his medical training began at Andhra Medical College, Vishakhapatnam followed by General Surgery residency at the PGIMER in Chandigarh. He was Formerly Assistant Professor of Surgery at St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore and received the prestigious Common Wealth Fellowship and pursued training in Renal & Pancreatic Transplantation at Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, U.K.
He obtained FRCS from The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and received HPB training from King’s College Hospital, London, Christie Cancer Institute, Manchester, U.K and went and did Transplant Surgery training from Addenbrooke’s Hospital, University of Cambridge & Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan,
He also received HPB Surgery training from TMH, Mumbai and Post Doctoral training from SGPGIMS, Lucknow, India.
- The Transplantation Society,
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, College of Surgeons
- American Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary Association
- Indian Society of Transplant Surgeons.
- Vascular society of India
Areas of Expertise
- Liver / Kidney & Pancreas Transplantation
- Hepato-Biliary & Pancreatic surgery,
- Vascular & Peritoneal Access procedures
- Liver Transplant
- Pediatric Liver Transplant
- Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
- Liver Tumors
- Portal Hypertension
- Dialysis Access
- Fellow in Transplant Surgery, Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Australia
- Fellowship in HPB & Liver Transplant (Cambridge University Hospital, U.K)
- Fellowship in HPB & Transplant Surgery (King’s College Hospital, London, U.K)
- Fellowship in Endocrine Surgery & Pancreatic Transplantation, SGPGIMS, Lucknow, India.
- Fellowship in Renal & Pancreatic Transplant Surgery (Liverpool, U.K)